Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring Wreath!

There is 4 to 8 inches of snow in the forecast today and it's March. I am OVER this winter stuff and ready for some spring. I decided to make a springy wreath to put on my front door to make it feel more like spring in my home. Of course, I wanted to do something cheap and unique. I found this gumball spring wreath from Fit, Crafty, Stylish and Happy and just loved it. 

Here is my version of the wreath!



MATERIALS and TUTORIAL

I used 3 bags of cherry sours. I think they were less than a $1.00 a bag. (Warning: you will want to eat cherry sours during your project, maybe get some candy that you don't like) I bought these because they were cheaper than the gumballs. 


I found this floral wreath at the Dollar Tree.


And then you will need your old, trusty hot glue gun to glue the cherry sours onto the wreath.


There really isn't a science to gluing the candy. I just glued where I thought it would look best and tried to keep some kind of pattern.  (Please, remember not to burn yourself in the process. Um, I might have done that a few times)



Here is the wreath with all of the candies glued down. 


I used Rust-oleum apple green spray paint from a left over project to paint the wreath. I sprayed it with one coat (if it was something that would be handled a lot I would put more coats on).


I found some pretty pink ribbon and tied it around the wreath. It was just the right touch of spring.


Thanks for stopping by! 




I am linking to:
Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style
Home Stories A to Z
Thrifty Decor Chick
Uncommon Designs
Mom 4 Real
Domestically Speaking
House of Hepworths
A Glimpse Inside
Tatertots and Jello
Fox Hollow Cottage
Debbie Doos
DIY Showoff
Under The Table and Dreaming by Stephanie Lynn
Rain on a Tin Roof


27 comments:

  1. That is just too cute! I like those and would probably want to eat them as I went along. I guess the paint would seal the candy pretty well, too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply elegant!
    I'm excited to be a new follower via GFC. Would love it if you could stop by my blog sometime.
    http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness...thanks so much for this super cute idea.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'm so ready for Spring, perfect touch for the front door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the color. My problem is that I always burn myself when working with small objects and hot glue. Could you use a low temp glue gun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so FUN and Cute!! I LOVE it. I actually have those same candies that I keep on hand for projects.. I buy them also because they are so cheap :) Thank you so much for stopping in and linking up at Knock Our Socks Off!! Have a Fabulous Weekend!
    xo
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, girl!! Love the green color - perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! LOVE IT! I saw it at the TT&J link party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! I saw it at the TT&J link party too. Can you share what size your wreath is (maybe the width across) cuz I would love to make one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it, I will have to try my hand at this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work - never thought to use hardy candy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative way to make a wreath. Who would have thought that hard candy could be so spring-like and beautiful. Love that it's inexpensive, unique and totally DO-able!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely wreath! What a great idea to spray paint the candy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so pretty, Melissa! Great idea! I'm including a link back in this week's DIY highlights. ;) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your feature at DIY Showoff. I am super happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't wait to see what you used because they looked like gum balls, but also a bit like dried peas. Love the color and how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Love that color and I'm with you wanting spring to be here!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! I love that it is easy to make too! That's my kind of craft!
    The pale green color is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would never have thought this was candy!!! Thank you for sharing with us at the Give Me The Goods Link Party!
    www.dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finally got around to posting about my wreath. Here is a link to it if you would like to check it out:

    http://sandysewz.blogspot.com/2013/04/wreath-mania.html

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did the spray paint seem to cover the inside inbetween the candies?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)