Let's start with the before pics:
Sliding doors...be gone!
Here are the new doors before we added the trim and drilled the holes for the door knobs. The doors also came with a frame.
We had to cut some of the drywall to make the doors fit. No project is every easy.
And here are the after pictures:
We added trim on the doors, trim on the wall and dummy door knobs. It looks much, much better!
We left the back of the door plain, no need to fancy it up since it is just the back. I have thought about making a growth chart ruler for my daughter to hang on the back of the door.
We bought pieces of pine trim and cut it down to size for trim on the closet doors. We glued the trim on with Titebond and used clamps to hold the wood until it was dry. You could probably also use Liquid Nails to glue the trim onto the door.
My husband used a hole saw to drill the holes on the one side of the door. The door knobs come with a template/pattern to use for cutting out the holes so you don't have to guess.
Here are a few pics of the doors with trim.
I love the corners for the doors.
I love how much easier these doors are to get into and I never have to worry about them coming off of the track. It's the little things!
I am linking to: