Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine's Day Mantel

Well, the snow is not letting up here in the Midwest. I must admit I do have cabin fever. It really is enough to drive you bonkers. I have to keep myself busy by doing crafts and projects around the house. I really enjoy decorating for each holiday and enjoy it more now that I have my daughter. My fireplace mantel is always one of the main things that gets decorated each holiday.



Most of my decorations are things that I have collected over the years.


I found the owl at Kohls a few years ago and the bicycle at Hobby Lobby about 4 years ago. 


I created the chalkboard using my easy chalkboard lettering tutorial. Gotta love the Beatles!!!


I made this heart banner from heart doilies found at the dollar store. 


 I found the love sign at Target in the dollar spot. I gave it a little makeover with some scrapbook paper and mod podge. I will try to do a tutorial on that in another post. 


Finally, no mantel is complete without some mason jars. I found the gingham heart at an after Christmas sale at Target a few years ago.


5 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)