Tuesday, March 4, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Banner

Wow, has it really been almost a month since my last post? This has been such a long winter my friends and I am so ready for spring. I really wanted to get my spring decorations out but it just felt wrong with the 5 ft. piles of snow sitting on the edge of my driveway. Seriously, winter I am so over you! I am sick of being stuck inside and I am ready to just spray paint something. My spray painting days are still a few months away so in the meantime I must stay inside and keep myself busy. I thought it would be fun to add a few decorations for St. Patrick's Day this year. I made this St. Patrick's Day banner is less than 30 minutes one afternoon for my fireplace mantel.




Oh, did I mention that this project only cost me a few dollars!


I bought a package of these foam shamrocks at the Dollar Tree last year (I am sure they have more this year) and had the twine on hand. You can buy twine at any home improvement store. I bought mine at Lowe's.


I lined up the shamrocks and just spaced them out where I thought they looked right. The pack came with glittered shamrocks and non-glittered shamrocks.  Once I had them where I wanted them, I then hot glued the shamrocks to the twine.


I then taped the banner up on my fireplace mantel.  Isn't green glitter just the best thing ever?  


Even if it is not quite spring yet the pops of green make me feel like doing a little dance. Maybe a little river dance? Alright, river dancing is going a little far. You get the point though! 

I am linking to:

Monday Funday at TWCS



4 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)