Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Neverland Birthday Party

Hello to all of you! We have certainly had a busy month around my house. My little girl had a birthday this month. It's crazy how fast time flies when you have a child.  Every year since her first birthday I have tried to make all of the birthday decorations and invitations myself. It is so much work but so much fun as well. This year was the first year my daughter has been old enough to know what she wanted to do for her birthday. It all started with the idea of her wanting to have a pirate ship just like captain Hook's on her birthday cake. My daughter is a fan of Jake and the Neverland Pirates and anything Peter Pan. So, I thought it would be kind of fun to do a Neverland themed birthday party for her.



Warning: this post contains lots of hopefully cute to you pictures! 



Here are a few shots of my little pixie, Tinker bell! Sorry, I try to protect her and not show her face on the blog. Trust me though when I say she looked adorable! :)




I made these burlap bags (I found the burlap at Wal-Mart) and followed this tutorial for the favors. I filled the bags with marbles from the Dollar Tree and found the Peter Pan books at the Dollar Tree as well. I then used my Cricut and cut out a stencil from the Paper Doll Cricut cartridge. I painted the hooks using some black craft paint I had on hand.



I found Tic Toc and Jake at Kmart for a steal! 


The fireplace mantel always gets the birthday treatment as well!


Peter Pan 

I tried to draw the boat from this Peter Pan book onto the chalkboard. I think it looks pretty close to it. I loved the vintage look of it! 




I found the hook at the Dollar Tree and then used some chrome spray paint on the hook. The paper with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell were the invitations that I made for our guests. I found the glass fishing ball and Peter Pan book at Goodwill. The clock was bought at Wal-Mart years ago. It usually sits on my night stand.


The green lantern also came from the Dollar Tree and reminded me of Tinker Bell's lantern in the movie. I printed out the silhouette of Tinker Bell and put it in a frame I bought at Goodwill. I threw some red feathers I bought at Wal-Mart in the old coffee pot. If you have ever seen the movie Peter Pan you know that Peter always had a red feather in his hat. The compass came with the hook that I bought at the Dollar Tree.


I made this banner with the left over card stock from the invitations and used my chalk transfer method to make the letters for Neverland. I then ripped the bottom of the paper and used sponge rubbed in a brown stamp pad to brown the edges like an old treasure map. I punched holes in each corner of the letters and used twine to tie them together.


The hook cut outs came from the burlap bags stencil. I just used card stock to cut them out on my Cricut.


I cut out these feathers with my Cricut using the Straight From The Nest cartridge.


I found these cute straws from Target and the green Ball jars from Wal-Mart.


My daughter was not happy about Tinker Bell being locked up in the lantern. Haha! I convinced her she had to stay in there until the end of the party.



I think the silhouettes of Wendy, Peter, Jon and Michael were my favorite!!! The gold stars came from the Dollar Tree of course. I googled Peter Pan silhouettes and then printed them and traced them onto card stock. 

Whew, sorry for all of the pictures but I wanted to share as many details as I could. I didn't get a picture of the cake with the pirate ship. Momma got too busy and it totally slipped her mind. I am sure one of my relatives got a picture of it though. I hope my daughter looks back at this birthday party and remembers how much fun she had! 

I am linking to:

Monday Funday at TWCS

6 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)