Sunday, June 6, 2010

Letter Organizer

I bought this letter holder last week at Goodwill and decided that the pink flowers just had to go. They were cute but just not my style.

Here is a before picture of the letter holder.


I spray painted the holder with Krylon, satin ivory paint.  The old cabinet knobs came from our kitchen.  I spray painted the knobs with Krylon, oil rubbed bronze paint. 
 

I secured the knobs to the holder with Loctite Putty Epoxy.  You can find the putty at any hardware store. I was pretty amazed at how well it worked.  I also wanted to label the holder somehow but didn't want to commit to something that would be on it forever.  So, I thought that I would make these little tags that could be switched around.  I used scrapbook paper and paper punches to create the shapes of the label and the 2 holes on the top for the ribbon.


I am very pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to start using it.  The best part is the only cost was that of the letter holder.  The knobs, paint and labels came from stuff that I already had. I find that I am more creative by using things around the house instead of buying more or new things.  I try to use this rule with almost all of my projects when possible. You should try it sometime if you haven't already.  I think you would be surprised by how creative you can be. 


I am linking to:

 UndertheTableandDreamingMaking The Girl Creative The DIY Show Off All Thingz Related Organize and Decorate EverythingHookingupwithHoH

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday this week if you'd like to join. There's a giveaway too. http://organizeyourstuffnow.com
    Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable - I love how this turned out. The little tags are super cute! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you are having a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! The tags are so sweet and unexpected. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, just went through all your posts - and I love every single one of your ideas/projects! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little labels too. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great makeover!
    Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another job well done! You made that look so appealing, now I want one! Thanks for sharing ... I've posted another link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the best letter organizer from goodwill to protect your letter and grocery bills. We are from Demolition Services in Baltimore MD company providing you quality cleaning services.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)