Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pinecone Garland

Happy Thursday Friends! I don't know if I told you this already, but I love fall. I think October is my favorite month of the year. The weather has just been beautiful and the trees are changing colors. I wish it could stay fall all year long. My pine trees as you might remember from my pinecone wreath finally produced enough pinecones this year to fill several buckets full. I have been trying to come up with ways to use them in my seasonal decor. I thought it would be kind of fun to make garland to fallify (totally not a word) my entryway. 


This was such an easy project. I think it took maybe 30 minutes from start to finish.


SUPPLIES

Dollar Tree Leaves 
Pinecones
Hot Glue Gun


The first thing I did was cut my twine, I cut mine to about 6 ft. 



Next, I tied the twine around the pinecone and added a little hot glue to the tie to hold it in place. I tied the twine closer to the top of the pinecone. I just kept adding pinecones until I had enough to fill up the twine. 


Once I had all of the pinecones added to the twine I hot glued the leaves in between each pinecone.


I love how the garland turned out and it makes my entryway feel so cozy and fallish. I also love how cheap and easy this project was to make. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa is a cute idea!! Simple and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garland is so cute and simple! Makes such a fallish statement indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I'm pondering ways to Christmasify this one...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)