Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Few Finds!

First, I would like to thank all of you for your nice comments about having 100 followers! You guys are the BESTEST followers a girl could ever have.  I apologize for not having the opportunity to visit you as much as I would like, but I truly do love all of your comments!

Ok, now on to what I found this past weekend!  I was able to make it to a few sales so, I really don't have a lot to report about this week. I have just been way too busy to go garage saleing.  Actually, it kind of bums me out because garage saleing is one of my favorite past times.  Don't worry though I am planning on letting loose this weekend!

Ok, I might be addicted to chandys but how could I resist? Just look past the ugly, tarnished gold. Wouldn't she be pretty with a few coats of Oil Rubbed Bronze paint?  It is a smaller chandy and I think it will look very elegant in my master bathroom. And I am not sure what is up about that cage looking thing on the top, it is coming off!




I forgot to post about these shutters a few weeks back.  Have you ever been to a garage sale where everything is free?  Well, I have been to two of them this summer. I know it sounds crazy but I can't make this stuff up folks, even if I wanted to.   I found this pair of shutters and decided that they needed to go home with me.  I am sure I can think of something to do with them.

 
I am linking to:
southern hospitality  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

  1. ooo, that chandy is great! I wonder what that wire stuff on the top is too? It's gotta go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the wires are to hold a shade. If you found the right one, it might be nice? Good luck with it, I LOVE lighting fixtures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Please show us what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finds!!! I can't wait to see what you do with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I haven't visited for a while, I have been sick with a summer flu. But I do want to say congrats on your 148 Followers! Smart people to follow a person as nice as you are. :) AND, your new little chandelier is lovely! If you can't take off that round thing, you could always wind some flower garland around it, or tie on some bows, or wrap some fabric around it, something that matches your bedroom. (As long as the stuff won't catch fire on the lights!) Let us know how it turns out!
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chandy and the shutters. If I EVER find shutter, I'd like to use them as a headboard. I've seen that done and I love it! Shutters rock!

    Heard about your giveaway and how you have reached 150 followers. Hooray! Count me in!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shutters and I have seen so many possibilities with these. Hope you are joining me today:)!!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will do a post one day on saving money!!! My fav blogs for coupons is hip2save.com and southernsavers.com!! It's easy girl! Kinda stressful at first though! I love it! I have been doing it for 2 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Occasionally we have those "free for alls" through our local freecycle network. Not often enough, but they are a frenzy of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining in on the party...I love your fun finds...better yet can't wait to see what you do with them. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey,
    I got awarded now you’ve been awarded for inspiring me! You can pick up your award at
    http://www.unexpectedelegance.com
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)