Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Highlights So Far!

I wanted to share some highlights of things that I have done this summer. I feel like sometimes I get so involved with all of my projects that I forget to share some things about myself.   First of all, I just wanted to say that one of my favorite highlights of the summer is getting to know each and everyone of you. I am so happy that I have entered into this wonderful world of blogging. You all have been so supportive and so sweet!

Last month the hubs and I went to a state park in Illinois and did some hiking.  It was so nice to be able to just get away and spend time with each other.  The state park had some amazing canyons! Here are a few pictures from the state park.

 

I also got to visit IKEA for the first time!  Wow, it was an experience that is for sure. The store was huge...I mean gigantic.  It was a bit overwhelming for me at first but I felt very inspired afterwards.  If you ever get a chance to visit an IKEA you SHOULD do it at least once. I would also like to warn you that your husbands may not enjoy it as much as you might. My advice is to make sure there is a Bass Pro Shop within a few miles of IKEA.  Sorry, I only got a picture of the store front. They also have a great website  http://www.ikea.com/


Ok, this next picture is just for fun!  I need some advice about this dress. Do you think yellow is a good color for me?  It is very yellowy and I loved it but wasn't sure if it looked good. It is a great summer dress that I just might have to go back and buy, but I need some fashion advice. 






I got to spend some time hanging out at the lake and enjoyed some boat rides with some great friends!


And This past weekend I celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has already been 5 years!  It was a great anniversary weekend.  We went to Michigan to visit some friends and we also got to see Brooks and Dunn.  This is their final tour and there was no way I would miss seeing them.  I apologize for the distance of these pictures.  I am a thrifty girl and didn't buy the front stage tickets and all I had was my point and shoot camera.


It has been a really great summer so far and I hope you all are enjoying this summer as much as I have! 

7 comments:

  1. You are just too cute! I love the yellow dress! I live adjacent to Brooks and Dunn's mgr from what I hear. Pretty neat, huh?! Happy 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa you are having a wonderful summer! Gorgeous photos and you do look really pretty in yellow. It's a warm and happy color!

    Thank you for your kind wishes and visit. It's so nice to meet you. Stop by anytime.

    Blessings to you and yours.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Yellow looks great on you..cute shoes too. Looks like your trip was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! Also love your blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow dress on you AND you can wear it into the fall and winter with black leggings and boots and a long sleeve black shirt underneath.(even unbuttoned as a jacket) Black on black with a bright POP of color is VERY on trend for all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)