Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Coke Bottle Soap Dispenser

Finally, I am able to sit down and post one of the many projects I have been working on.  Do you guys remember these Coke bottles I had found a few weeks ago?  I got to thinking about how I needed a cool yet classy hand soap dispenser by my kitchen sink.  Here comes the fun part! I was getting ready to put away my shampoo bottle that I had just bought and noticed it had a salon pump (instant light bulb went off). I thought to myself I wonder if this would fit on top of those coke bottles I just bought.  So I took the pump off the shampoo bottle and put it on top of the Coke bottle and it was a perfect fit. I thought to myself "oh my gosh" this is too cool.   Here are the steps on how you can make your very own:

1). Find a vintage Coke bottle (I used a smaller one, it looks like it is approx. 8" tall or so)


2).  Use a salon pump from a Suave shampoo or lotion bottle. I haven't tried any other brand, but I prefer the silver pump.


3). I bought this 3 piece funnel set from Dollar Tree for $1.00.  I used a funnel that would fit into the bottle and then I poured my soap into the bottle.


4). I cut the tube on the pump to fit the bottle. I didn't measure it exactly on much I needed to cut. I just held it up to the bottle and measured. After I cut the tube I screwed the pump onto the bottle. I did not use any glue or anything it just screwed right on.



It was a fairly easy project and it only cost $2.00 ($1.00 for the bottle and $1.00 for the funnels). I already had the shampoo bottle and the hand soap. I am just so please with how it turned out!


I am linking to:   

Thrifty Decor Chick: Before and After Party
  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ All Thingz Related UndertheTableandDreaming


beneath my heartVisit thecsiproject.com









42 comments:

  1. I like it! We use a blue vodka bottle for ours but I think a coke bottle would be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on the color of your kitchen. Both ideas are great.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gracious! How cute is this!!! I never would have thought..you are just so creative!! :D I'm happy to be your newest follower and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to my link party, Fabulous Friday Finds, every Friday! Hope to see you there!!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how well it fit on there! I'm amazed it screwed on since they were flip tops. I just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa that turned out adorable. Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old coke bottles, great use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now isn't that just clever! I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I use an oil bottle with spout but Im liking the bottle idea alot. Im a Pepsi girl though.lol Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute and clever idea. And it's recycling too! LOL Great use for a great vintage bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute soap dispenser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat idea!! I love it!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. How easy is that?! Going to do this in the morning! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love it!!
    This would be sooo stinkin' adorable in a vintage kitchen.
    I will have to give it a try.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a clever idea. I love using glass bottles for my soap, this would be great for my boys bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that! Love this idea and I have a niece collects all things coke so she will love this idea Ü

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will definitely have to try this - my whole kitchen is decorated in Coca-Cola!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this....to neat. Will have to give that a try. THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im a little concerned that it might be broken in a childrens bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the coke bottle i have my camper deco in coke items . i didnt want dish soap botle by sink liked shape of soap bottle from bath body scraped of its paper made one for beside kitchen sink have used for along time .I will be doing coke bottle

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This blog is truly extraordinary in all aspects.
    check these guys out

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice blog!
    Looking for Automatic Soap Dispenser. TDL hygine offers you an Automatic & Auto Sensor cheap Soap Dispenser with exclusive offers better price. sensor soap dispenser

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome blog, All contents are very useful. You should know more about Soap Dispenser. That is available more effective price.

    ReplyDelete
  23. There are some certain places within your home where a soap dispenser should appear. They should be within every bathroom or wherever there is a sink in the house. There should also be one next to any kitchen sink or other cleaning area located within the house.
    Importance of a Soap Dispenser?

    ReplyDelete
  24. This leads us to how you will really discover the sources you have to do beneficial blogging and produce a brilliant news blog that will pass on individuals to your site. The best spot to search for sources is to buy in to different blogs that make comparative substance to your own. mediosindependientes This is particularly considerable on the off chance that you are searching for uncommon sources that produce noteworthy substance that isn't just dazzling, at any rate favorable and eye-getting also. You can discover these blogs with watchwords in a web record, blog rolls and vaults, and suggestions from family and companions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)