Monday, September 6, 2010

I am back!

Whew, I just got done with a terrible ordeal with blogger! My account got hacked by spammers.  To make a long story short I was finally able to re-set my password and get into my e-mail. One of my nice spammer friends tried to send a virus infected website to about 11 of my contacts, it sent a red flag to google and closed down my blog. I have been trying to figure out a solution for the last 4 hours. Finally, google sent me an e-mail to my backup account so I could re-set my password.  I found the culprit once I opened my e-mail!  I have a message to all of you spammers out there:  Get a real job and leave all of us honest people alone!  I must say I was mad at google at first but completely understand why they had to do it.  The spammers were sending harmful messages to my followers.  I am glad they never made it out of my mailbox.

Lessons I have learned today:
1). Change your passwords regularly
2). Backup your blog regularly (thankfully I backed mine up a few weeks ago)
3). Spammers SUCK! (pardon my bluntness)



I would like to send a HUGE thank you to my friend Debbie for noticing that my blog was gone and for her moral support.  Debbie is a true blogger friend and a great host. Go check out her last post, she brings up some really great topics.  I promise to never leave blogland on purpose without saying goodbye! 

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are back!!!! I went to your blog last night because I wanted to feature you at this weeks NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS and you were gone:(...I can say I was very surprise...I will be sure to feature you sometime soon and thanks for the info...I'm going to back my blog up and change my password ASAP!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came over from Debbies. Glad you got everything back. Did you lose old posts? I might need to consider the back up thing. I want to try to make a yearly book from my blog. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that's terrible! Those are good tips, but how do you back up your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful! Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are back!!! Spammers do suck! Do you mind telling me how you back your blog up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! So glad it worked out for ya:) Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just reading about your ordeal on Debbie's blog...how frustrating that sounds! I have no idea how to back up my blog!!! And I never change my password but definitely will start doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you are back and surprised to hear about what happened. I will, indeed, start to change my password. I have a question, however, how do you back up your blog? Is that a dumb questions? Oh -- I see Jennifer asked it too. I will subscribe to the comments here, in case you want to answer it via comments. Thanks so much and I'm so glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had a few questions on how do you backup your blog. When you sign into blogger you will go into settings. Once you are in settings you will see blog tools that have 3 options: import blog, export blog and delete blog. You will need to choose export blog. When you export your blog you can title it whatever you want and then save it to your hard drive. If you really want to be safe you can back it up onto a flash drive as a secondary backup. I hope this helps! Thank you all for your supportive comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That totally stinks! Glad you are back and figured it all out! Hope it doesn't happen again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)