Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pyrex: Old and New I Love You

First of all I would like to give a shout out to my two new followers. Marla from  Always Nesting and Loose Sparrow. I was so excited to see that I have followers. I was worried that nobody would ever read this thing.  I would like to also thank all of you for your lovely comments. It really makes me smile! Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I have loved vintage Pyrex ever since I was a little girl. My grandma has a set of bowls that I just loved. I am a collector of the colored bowls but I will use anything Pyrex. It is just the best stuff on earth. No offense Rubbermaid but Pyrex is number 1 in my book.

I bought these bowls at one of my favorite local thrift stores at 3 different times.  They make me so happy and I didn't pay more than $10 for any  of them. Gotta love these kind of deals! Of course, my collection is still growing.
 This little platter came from my grandma. I love the little flowers along the edge.  I actually have two of these. They are great to use for grilling!
I also have a Fire-King collection but I will save that for a different post.  Keep those comments coming!

6 comments:

  1. I love pyrex. I need to start collecting it. I used to have a few and then I must have given them away, because I no longer have them.
    I LoVe your blog, Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use pyrex frequently and it cleans up so nice. A little comet and it's good as new. I love the old colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a really nice blog here. Great job. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Pyrex! Stopping by from Women Who Do It All to give you a little "new blogger" love. We're in the same boat - will anyone ever read my blog? :) Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Follow Friends Sunday....your blog is adorable!! I am now following!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep calm wallpaper Best for love and posters and source of keep clam. KeepCalmSigns.com is a collection of the signs keep clam maker in the style of the iconic "keep calm and poster. Visit us and you can see keep clam love, wallpaper and keep clam picture

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I really do read all of your comments and appreciate each one of them. :)